Friday, May 6, 2011

Crofter Scarf

I am very fond of the wearability of the Sirdar Crofter range. I have just finished making 3 rib scarves for my children from the Chunky weight, and no one has even mentioned the dreaded "itchy" that lurks menacingly behind any project knitted for direct application to the skin.

SAM_0026_plus_logo_TR

Here is the first version, in colour 59, Rambler Rose. I actually made this scarf to co-ordinate with the Hat for Camp that Rocks.

This started a chain of family requests.
The next one is much shorter, and in the manly shade of number 61, Misty Moor.

stitchblisscrofter_ML

Naturally, I then needed to make a third scarf, this time in the lovely greens and purples of colour number 50, Bracken.

SAM_0319_plus_logo_ML

These were really quick scarves that I was able to knit as a handbag project-a portable size, and the sort of knitting you can pick up or put down at any stage.
Now I am almost ready for something more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment