Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Small knit series - birthday cowl

Despite my blog neglect over summer I was knitting non-lap size things.
Here are the two versions of Diana Hanna's Birthday Cowl (free pattern on Ravelry) that I made for 2 young women who took a trip to England in December.
Version1
Aslan Trends Invernal in Raspberry
SAM_0114_plus_logo_BR
I used garter stitch as a border to decrease the rolled edge effect.
This cowl was lovely and soft, but unfortunately I found it rather large
Version 2
SAM_0116_plus_logo_BR
I knit the second one with one less repeat of the lace panel, in Aslan Trends Invernal colour Rouge, and much preferred the sizing.
SAM_0118_plus_logo_BR
I thought it was a good travelling present, being small enough to keep in a pocket, and useable to cover ears or the neck, first time overseas travellers from Australia being prone to underestimate just how chilly it can be in Europe in winter.
SAM_0115_plus_logo_BR
I received good reports of the cushy warmth of the angora rabbit/wool yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment